This Privacy Notice describes the different types of personal data we may collect, how we use that information, and the times (in specific circumstances) at which we may disclose this information. This Privacy Notice also describes the measures we have taken to protect your personal data. By accessing our Site, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of any website other than Riobec that may have a destination or origin link to this Site.
Riobec does not collect personal data about you without your express knowledge. This information includes, in particular, the name, delivery and billing addresses, telephone number, email address, bank card data and customer preference data. Here are some of the ways we can collect this information from you:
- Registration and ordering: before you can use certain parts of this Site or before you can start products, you must complete a registration form. When you register, you are asked to provide certain personal data, including, but not limited to, your name, delivery and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, you may be asked to indicate your gender, your profession, your country of residence and, for professional accounts, the country in which the company operates. This information allows us to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, this personal data is used for billing purposes, order processing, communication with you regarding your order and this Site, and internal marketing. If we encounter a problem during the processing of your order, we use personal data to contact you.
- E-mail address: certain parts of the Site allow you to indicate your e-mail address, in particular for the purpose of, but not limited to: subscribing to the newsletter, to the Ambassador club or opening a Riobec account.
- Live assistance: our instant messaging function records all conversations for a period set by Riobec. These transcripts are consulted by Riobec only for training and customer service purposes.
- Written evaluations: Riobec requires a valid registered email address and an evaluator name to complete the evaluation form linked to a specific Riobec product. Following the moderation process, your review, along with your reviewer's name and date, will be posted on our Site.
- Video evaluations: you can send a video evaluation by downloading in advance or by making a direct recording on our Site. This evaluation can be noted, marked up or exchanged by users accessing the Site by email or by social networking sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram or Google+). Following the moderation process, the video is uploaded upstream to our Site. Please note that, if your Riobec profile is linked to a profile on a social networking site (such as Facebook), your name serves as a hyperlink and Site users are able to click to access your profile on the site. social networking.
Riobec may transfer your personal data between its subsidiaries. In the event of transfer of your personal data, Riobec (i) will comply with all applicable laws and (ii) will take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data.
USE OF INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent information about our customers, and all information provided to Riobec remains confidential, provided that:
- We may share data in aggregate or summary form about our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties.
- We may share information with companies providing support services to us, such as printing companies, direct mail companies, payment service providers, or website hosts. These companies need information about you to perform their functions and they are subject to confidentiality agreements. Unless otherwise required by law, they are not allowed to use the personal data they receive from us for other purposes. This information may also be shared with marketing companies who we believe may offer products or services that may be of interest to you. This helps them and / or helps Riobec to ensure the marketing of products and services in harmony with the marketing preferences that you have indicated during your registration.
- We use your personal data to communicate with you regarding your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register or when you place an order with us. In addition, if you provide your email address to subscribe to the newsletter, to the Ambassador Club or to open a Riobec account, we may use this information to keep in touch with you and / or monitor whether you are opening and / or click on URLs in Riobec emails.
- We may be required to disclose this information (a) in response to a production order, a court order, a request from law enforcement officers, (b) if the request is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Riobec or other parties, or (c) if by law we are required to disclose this information.
- We may disclose the identity of the winner of an online promotional lottery, contest or promotion.
- In the event that Riobec or the companies to its credit are acquired or merged with another company, we may share your information with our legitimate assignees.
- We will use your written and / or video ratings on our Site and / or within Riobec for the purpose of improving products, developing new products, improving the customer experience and possibly for communication purposes. or public relations.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We make every effort to ensure that purchases are made on the Site easily, safely and without worry. We have taken several measures, in particular by complying with the PCI DSS standard, to ensure the protection and security of your orders and your bank card data. Our servers use the SSL protocol, which is an advanced encryption technology compatible with the main navigation applications available on the market, and the security of the Site has been the subject of tests and controls by providers specialized in security.
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the best solutions available for encrypting online transactions. Your personal data, in particular your name, your bank card number and your address, are encrypted so that it is impossible to read them during their transmission on the Internet. Whatever the scope of these efforts, it is impossible to guarantee 100% the security of data transmissions on the Internet. The information you transmit to us is therefore sent at your own risk.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Site and use the features it offers, in particular by accessing the secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, it is impossible to offer the services you have requested, such as shopping carts.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site, for example the pages that visitors visit most frequently, and if they receive error messages from certain web pages. These cookies do not collect information identifying visitors. All the information collected by these cookies is compiled in aggregate form, and therefore anonymous. They are only used to optimize the operation of a website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the Site to remember the choices you make (for example your username, language or region in which you are located) and offer more advanced and more personalized functions. The information collected by these cookies can be made anonymous and cannot be used to track your activity on other websites.
- Targeting / Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to present advertising messages adapted to your situation and your interests. They also allow you to limit the number of times you see an advertising message while helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are generally inserted by advertising networks with our authorization. They memorize the fact that you have accessed the Site and transmit this information to other organizations, such as advertisers.
In addition to the points above, please note that our Site and our service providers may also similarly use all or part of the IP address of your terminal.
Adobe / Omniture: http://www.adobe.com/privacy
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Rakuten / Linkshare: http://marketing.rakuten.com/affiliate-privacy-policy
Please note that by disabling cookies, you may no longer be able to shop on this Site.
SECURE PURCHASE GUARANTEE (FOR UNITED STATES RESIDENTS ONLY)
The Fair Credit Billing Act states that your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $ 50,00 for fraudulent charges on a bank card. If your bank were to hold you responsible for an amount up to $ 50,00, Riobec would cover the entire expense, up to a maximum of $ 50,00.
If you suspect unauthorized use of your bank card, you must inform the company that issued your bank card, in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Please note that Riobec will assume this responsibility only if you are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your bank card for purchases made online with Riobec while using our secure server.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA RELATING TO CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware of having collected personal identification data from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will delete the personal data of this child from our records.
WITHDRAWAL / CORRECTIONS
You have the right (a) to access, correct, delete or update your personal data, (b) to no longer receive emails from us by clicking on the opt-out message in the communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (c) to prohibit us from monitoring if you open and / or click on the URLs in Riobec's emails by clicking on the opt-out message in the communication or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, and / or, (d) deleting your account to prevent any subsequent purchase from this account. Please note that in the event of an account deletion, we will retain certain information (including but not limited to personal information) in order to fulfill our legal and accounting obligations, for commercial purposes and in order to protect the interests of Riobec (for example , invoices, details of payment transactions, transport and transactional information, etc.). You can also submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate "Withdrawal / Corrections" as the subject of the message, without sending your credit card number or any other sensitive information by e-mail. In some circumstances, ID and proof of payment may be required.
OFFLINE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
Most of the information we collect is obtained through our Site and this Privacy Notice applies only to this online collection of personal data. We also collect certain information offline, and we also endeavor to protect the confidentiality of your personal data in this case. For example, it may be a call to place an order or to ask questions. When someone calls us, we only ask for the personal data we need to place the order or to answer the question. When we need to save information (such as order information), we enter it into our database using SSL encryption. (See the Protecting Your Information section above for more information.) Please note that all calls are recorded for training and customer service purposes, as well as for evidence of any potential transactions. Calls are kept for a period fixed by Riobec.
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to consult this Privacy Notice on a regular basis to fully understand the provisions currently in force.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We are open to any questions, comments or concerns you may have regarding privacy. Please send us any feedback regarding confidentiality or any other question to email@example.com or by mail to:
540 St. Joseph Blvd.
Gatineau (Quebec), J8Y 4A3
TERMS AND CONDITIONS